Tony is a self-employed consultant working in research and development and commercialisation of R&D. Tony talked about his experience and how the best outcomes are achieved by taking a structured approach and involving the right people. I loved his statement “If you don’t like change, you’ll like irrelevance less.”
- Innovation should always be about REALISING VALUE. The best outcomes are achieved by taking a structured approach and involving the right people
- Innovation strategy is company/sector specific, but must always have company-wide buy-in.
- Metrics! At all stages, from idea to value realisation, you need to be able to monitor progress against objectives. This is the essential driver for review/readjustment through the process.
- Keep your eye on the “market”. This is what ultimately determines returns from innovation.
- Take the risk to enjoy the rewards.